Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Applications
Are you considering the opportunities of working in Canada? Are you considering an application for Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker program? If so, you should strongly consider hiring the services of an experienced immigration lawyer who understands Canada’s immigration system, the application process, and how to position yourself for a successful application. It is the job of Edmonton Immigration Law’s immigration lawyers to submit your application with the correct credentials and requirements that ensure your application stresses your ability to become economically established in Canada upon arrival.
Changes To The Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program
It should be noted that Citizenship and Immigration Canada will be making changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, taking effect on May 4th, 2013. After this date, the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications from foreign workers.
Do I Qualify For The Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Applicants for this program must:
- Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years; or
- Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; or
- Have completed a PhD in Canada, or two years of study in Canada towards a PhD;
- Pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada’s two official languages (English/French);
- Must attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors, and have at least one-year continuous full-time or equivalent paid skilled work experience in the past 10 years.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors
- Education: Applicants are awarded up to 25 points.
- Language Skills: Applicants are awarded up to 28 total points (24-first official language, 4-second official language).
- Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 15 points for paid skilled work experience acquired in the last 10 years. A minimum of 9 points is required.
- Age: Applicants are awarded up to 12 points.
- Arranged Employment: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
- Adaptability: Applicants are awarded up to 10 points.
- Must prove sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependents after arrival in Canada. Applicants, and their dependents, must also undergo medical examinations and security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.
Contact Our Immigration Lawyers In Edmonton
Making a successful application for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker program is a complex and lengthy process. You have a lot at stake if you are depending on employment access to the Canadian economy. Don’t risk the time and effort of making a Federal Skilled Worker application alone. Call our immigration lawyers and book an appointment to discuss your options, and let us carry your application process to greatly improve your application’s success.
Ask about Edmonton Immigration Law Immigration’s guaranteed successful immigration services or it’s free!*