Self-Nominations For The Alberta Work Experience Category
Due to recent changes in the acceptance criteria for residency applications to the Canadian immigration system, eligible foreign workers can now nominate themselves for permanent residency to Canada. Filing a 2013 application within the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) can also have a positive impact on speeding up your current permanent residency application.
This is a time-limited opportunity for those working in Canada as a foreign worker. Contact our immigration lawyers and speak to us about filing your Canadian residency application under this unique opportunity.
Do I Qualify For The Alberta Work Experience Category?
- You must have at least two years of Alberta work experience in a specific, in-demand occupation. There are also additional program requirements within the federal government criteria.
- You must submit a complete Alberta Work Experience Category Application for Nomination (AINP 007-AWE), and the documents required by the Document Checklist.
- You must be currently residing in Alberta.
- At the time of application, you must be working full-time in Alberta and have a valid work permit with temporary resident status from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to work in Alberta in one of the eligible occupations.
- You must intend to continue to reside in and work permanently in Alberta in one of the eligible occupations.
- At the time of application, you must show that you have been working full-time in Alberta in one of the eligible occupations. If your current occupation is a 2006 National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level: 0, A or B occupation, you must show you have been working full-time in Alberta in an eligible occupation for two out of the past three years; or C occupation, you must show you have been working full-time in Alberta in an eligible occupation for three out of the past four years.
Contact Our Immigration Lawyers To Make An Application
This is a time-sensitive opportunity for foreign workers living in Canada. If you are seriously considering an application for Canadian residency, call our immigration lawyers in Edmonton and let us handle your application to ensure it is submitted in a timely manor.
Posted on August 1st, 2013